How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7509
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

The Deeds of my sole residence were drawn up 17 years ago

Customer Question

The Deeds of my sole residence were drawn up 17 years ago with me and my daughter as Tenants in Common and I am now moving. What are the most beneficial ways to handle the capital gains tax implications for my daughter and should the new property be bought in our joint names again or in my name alone? Very many thanks for your anticipated advice.
Susan Shilling
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello Susan, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Does your daughter own the current residence with you as her sole of main domestic residence or does she own and occupy a dwelling house elsewhere? Once I know the answer to this key question I can advise you further.