How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4946
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am 61 years old male, drawing a uk company pension on

This answer was rated:

I am 61 years old male, drawing a uk company pension on which I pay standard rate of tax. I also work and am based in Ireland 2 weeks every month and where I pay all relevant Irish taxes.Very unsure of how I can best proceed to benefit from the best tax benefits on my 2 sources of income.many thanks

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

If you spend 183 days in the UK in any one tax year you are liable to UK taxation on your world wide income. Under the Double Taxation Convention between the UK and Ireland the same income stream can only be taxed in one jurisdiction. This is achieved by means of tax credits, the tax paid in one country being allowed as a tax credit against any liability in the other. The Convention does not, however, protect you from differences in rates of taxation.

I do hope that I have shed some light on your situation.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your excellent support.