How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4774
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have just received notification that I owe £2360.60 from 5

Customer Question

I have just received notification that I owe £2360.60 from 5 April 2015 to 5 April 2016 in January 2015 I received notification my tax code was 312T can you help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Just Answer is a tax advice service and has no connection with HMRC.

This underpaid tax is due by 31 January 2017. You should check that the figures quoted by HMRC are correct. If they are not then you should appeal against the assessment which you do merely by writing a letter to the tax office.

Normally your 16/17 tax code should be 1100. However HMRC may be using the coding to recover underpaid tax which they can do for a debt under 3K. Your notice of coding should explain the reason.

I do hope that ,my reply has been of some assistance.