How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7544
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

My question is: I have 2 residences. The first is in the

Customer Question

my question is:I have 2 residences.The first is in the sole name of my partner (we are not married). Our family lives here during the week (jobs are close by, son goes to local school, we pay full council tax here etc.).I consider it my de facto main residence.The second is in my sole name. I pay discounted (second home) council tax here. We reside here most weekends. I have made a nomination for this as my main property for CGT purposes.My partner plans to sell the first property and we will purchase (in joint names - for mortgage eligibility) a third property.For additional SDLT purposes, can I claim that I am replacing my main residence (so no additional SDLT payable), nothwithstanding my CGT nomination (as referred to above)?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

You have duplicated this question.

You should ask Just Answer Administration for a refund.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please see follow up question I asked you on previous stream
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that is why this is a duplicate.