How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4965
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

My client trading as a "one man" Ltd Co has a contract to

This answer was rated:

Good morning
My client trading as a "one man" Ltd Co has a contract to work on shore in Holland. He will have to fund his own hotel & meal costs.
I've looked at HMRC flat rates and they seem to show 72 Euros per day for meals and 150 Euros for overnight accommodation. These are far in excess of the quotes he's had for B & B etc.
Can he sign a contract with his company to be paid these rates and extract a large amount tax free from his company? There's no question about Non Residency - he's definitely not.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

It would appear that he can providing, of course, that his Dutch employers are prepared to accept such high subsistence rates. I have not taken into account any Dutch taxation that such payments might attract.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi - thanks you've helped me before.

I think I didn't make my query clear unfortunately.

He is emplyed by his own UK Ltd Co who are invoicing the Dutch company for his services on a daily rate.

It is the UK company who would be paying his expenses



That doesn't seem a problem George again providing that the Dutch company will accept those high rates and one keeps within HMRC limits.

Thank you for your excellent support.