How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4949
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I had a benefit review on 6 October 2016 for income-related

This answer was rated:

I had a benefit review on 6 October 2016 for income-related employment and support allowance and I forgot to tell the Local Service Compliance Officer about about Christmas and birthday money I received and two tax refunds as I was in a nervous state. Can I resolve this problem simply by contacting my Local Service Compliance Jobcentre by phone and declaring this income?

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Everybody makes mistakes from time to time, even Compliance Officers! I would, as you suggest, sort this little matter out, but not by telephone. Put it in writing so you have a hard copy of what has been notified. If you use the phone there is always the danger of the agent getting hold of the wrong end of the stick if they can even find the stick at all! So, simply write a letter notifying the true position.

I do hope that I have shown you a way forward in this matter.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great advice, thank you.

Thank you for your support.

Delighted to have been of assistance and thank you for your kind bonus.