How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5115
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

My son is unemployed and hasn't paid income tax for 15 years

This answer was rated:

My son is unemployed and hasn't paid income tax for 15 years - or National Insurance, and is now very worried as he needs to get a job. He inherited money from his father and has been living off that but now it's running out! Help, please.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Thank you for your question..

If your son has not paid any income tax or national insurance for 15 years as he is unemployed, he should not be worried about that.

I presume he will be looking for work now that the inherited funds are running out. All is has to do is to register at JobCentre and explain his situation.

More information on how to contact Jobcentre Plus and jobseekers allowance can be found here

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you