How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4966
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am on a permanent tax underpayment adjustment for over 10

Customer Question

I am on a permanent tax underpayment adjustment for over 10 years now. Am supposed
to have paid up since 5/04/2008, there is a letter from HMRC to confirm this. Please
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Firstly check HMRC's figures for accuracy. If they are incorrect, a not unusual occurrence, then write back pointing out the errors. If they are correct then bite the bullet and pay up promptly. Amounts owning, if less than 3K, may be adjusted and recovered through your tax code.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My second question is what is the HMRC mailing address
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

The address given on HMRC's letter confirming the amount owing. These days you will almost certainly find it is a South Coast address, a BX9 post code. The second part of the post code directs any correspondence to the correct office.