How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4942
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I run small youtube related business. Im running few quite

Customer Question

Hi there. I run small youtube related business. Im running few quite large youtube channels and earning from ad sales on videos. Have LTD sorted myself acting as director and my wife as secretary. Considering change accountants as I feel I could save up more on corporate tax. This year Myself taking minimal salary + dividents, wife just basic salary. This year im predicting to pay around 20k in corporate tax. So im looking in solutions to cut it as I could use that money in business developement.
So question is, How can I avoid paying mentioned corporate tax and get it in cash :)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Remember that whilst wages count against Corporation Tax (CT) in the computation, dividends do not. So if wages are paid the CT liability reduces.

If you are expending cash to develop the business this will reduce the CT levy. Either way, at this stage, you are caught by Benjamin Franklin;s dictum that in life there are but two certainties, death and taxes. Either you and your wife pay through Income Tax (IT) or the company pays through CT.

I do hope I have shed some light on the position. Please follow up if thre is something you do not understand.