How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7544
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I need to submit a self-assessment for the first time. I am

Customer Question

Hi, I need to submit a self-assessment for the first time. I am employed, I am not a Director, I have received less than 300 GBP foreign dividends in the tax year, I have some company benefits but I do not have any other income. It seems from the first calculation that I might owe more than 5000 GBP to HMRC, I would like to check why is that and if that is right.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still missing my P11D from my employer, so I need to add more information in the HMRC tax return forms.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

It would make sense to wait until you have the P11D details which you will be able to get from HMRC if you call them on the number here so that we have a full picture of your income and benefits. However, if you can give me the figures you do have, I'll take a look at them.