How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14165
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am currently living in Australia moved from the u.k almost

Customer Question

Hi, I am currently living in Australia moved from the u.k almost 3 years ago. I am at a advanced stage of my permanent residency and need to obtain my end of year tax certificates from u.k 2006-2014.i only have a certain amount of days to get the information back to them, is there a possibility anyone could help? Please, regards Shaun
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


Thanks for your question

HMRC can provide information from the last 4 years but this only takes you back to 2012/2013 - and you require back to 2006 - so the only other possibility is from whomever employed you for those years, although I should advsie that employers are only obliged to retain this information for 4 years also, but this would be the quicker route as HMRC take up to eight weeks to respond to requests for Pay information and you advsie you only have a limited time.

Let me know if I can assist further