How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7544
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I keep getting bills for not filling in a tax return i

Customer Question

I keep getting bills for not filling in a tax return i stopped working self employed in 2009 haave lived on widowed parents benefit and child tax credits. I informed hmrc over and over again that I'm not working. Should I still have to file these tax returns.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me which tax years you are receiving "bills" for please. By "bills", do you mean tax bills or penalty notices for non-submission of tax returns? Did youi complete a tax return for the period 6 April to the date your self-employment ceased in 2009?