How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4808
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Thank you for your answer but you are telling me something I

Customer Question

thank you for your answer but you are telling me something I already know and if that's the answer I get for thirty six pounds then I feel I you have taken my money under false pretence
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m looking at your question now and will post my answer or ask for more information here in a short while.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

I'm not taking your money under false pretence. I have no control over billing and I don't get apid until a customer accepts my answer. You set the fee level, not me. If you think its only worth £9 of my time, fine. You don't have to open a new question. It just causess more work for me.

Your question was "how do I go from paying an accountant to fill in my tax returns to going on line and doing it myself as I have been retired for five years and my tax liabilities are the same every year is it easy as I am not that computer literate many thanks bruce".

I told you what you needed to do as far as registering yourself is concerned and that the process of completing a return is fairly easy. You only need to tell your accountant that you are intending to complete your own tax return. He has his own login details for all his clients so he cannot let you access your tax return through his portal for obvious reasons, hence why you need to register yourself. What else can I possiblly say? I can't take you through every box in the online return before you can actually login. What I can tell you is that I know 80 year olds who complete their own tax returns using the HMRC site.

If you don't like my answer, then don't rate it and you won't pay. Simply ask for a refund of your deposit. My answer is techniocally correct so if you rate it poorly, that will affect my standing on this site negatively and that would be grossly unfair.

Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.

You request me and give a negative rating!!! Thank you so much. I'm opting out so you don't have to pay, you have got free advice and I've wasted my time and got a negative rating too. Have a nice day.!

Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

These days HMRC are advising people with fairly standard tax circumstances that they need not submit tax returns routinely in the future. It might be worth your whiie to contact your tax office to this effect thus avoiding the annual chore.

I do hope that you find my reply of assistance.

Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Even HMRC do not want to process returns which yield no revenue.