How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5145
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I am in the RAF and I served in Scotland since 2003 but by

Customer Question

Hello I am in the RAF and I served in Scotland since 2003 but by tax code has never stated that I am a Scottish resident. Please advise me of my right and what my correct tax code should of been and how I can claim a rebait.Kind regards
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: What details do you require?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.
Many thanks

Expert: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question..

The changes to tax codes for Scottish taxpayers came into effect from 6 Apr 2016 with the introduction of Scottish rate of income tax.

Prior to this, tax code system in whole of the UK was same.

More information on Scottish income tax rates and thresholds can be found here

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.