How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17657
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

Mihai and I would like to refund my pay tax for 2016. What

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** and I would like to refund my pay tax for 2016. What do I have to do?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 11 months ago.

If you received a P800 from HMRC then you can either go online or just wait.
Your P800 tax calculation will tell you if you can claim your refund online. If you don’t claim your refund online within 45 days, HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) will send you a cheque.
If your P800 says HMRC will send you a cheque, you’ll receive it within 14 days. If you’re owed tax from more than one year, you’ll get a single cheque for the entire amount.