How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7544
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

My friend has a tax credit £50 during 5 years. Her income

Customer Question

Hi. My friend has a tax credit £50 during 5 years.
Her income from self-employed for cleaning houses 2016-2017 is £2500. She works 30 hours per week. If we will divide on 52 weeks it means she get £48 per week. It means she earns £1.8 per hour. Does it look realistic?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 9 months ago.

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Expert:  Sam replied 9 months ago.


Do you mean working tax credits??? When you refer to £50 during 5 years? If not then please advsie

Thats very low income for the yar - hod did you friend survive and pay rent and bills ?

Self employment is not bound by minimum wage amounts but by any standards this is not a reakistic amount to live on - are you sure its right ?

Was there other income ??? And what is you are wanting to know ??