How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4766
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am a consultant of a dubai based company. I do my job

This answer was rated:

I am a consultant of a dubai based company. I do my job online from UK . The company pay me arround £2000 per month. I live in UK. Do I need to pay tax in UK and how much tax I have to pay.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

You are liable for UK taxation on your world wide income. The UK has a Double Taxation Treaty with the UAE which precludes the same income stream being taxed in both jurisdictions. Thus any tax deducted by the UAS is allowed as a tax credit against any UK liability. However, I suspect that no tax will be deducted, the UAE being a tax haven.

2K per month is 24K per annum. Deduct your Personal Allowance, assuming that you are a citizen of an EEA country, that leaves 12.5K taxable at 20% equals 2.5K, say a tad over 200 quid a month.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the reply. I am a UK citizen and live in uk too . So could you please tell me the tax rate.

You are well within the 20%, basic rate, bracket.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site..

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.