How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4783
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Is CGT payable on a gain when disposing of a "personal" car

This answer was rated:

Is CGT payable on a gain when disposing of a "personal" car registration number -1. If sold on a motor car?2. If sold on a Retention Certificate?

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Yes, these transactions are subject to CGT on any gain made. You do have an Annual Exempt Amount (AEA) of 11.3K to offset these gains.

I am so sorry to have to rain on your parade.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.