How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4768
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Me and my wife had bought a property for my daughter and son

This answer was rated:

Me and my wife had bought a property for my daughter and son in law when they come from America in 2004 simply because they could not get the mortage in there name as they didn't earn enough to buy this house.
My daughter has been paying 100% of the mortage payments which came out of my bank account and I have not charged her no extras so I have not made any profit by doing the above all these years
Today my daughter is buying a bigger house of her own and so I will be selling this property and will make profit of some sort
So the question arises would there be any capital gain tax implication for my self and my wife even when we did not charge any more than the mortage payment due to the bank
Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be bale to help you with your question.

Is the property you bought for your daughter and son your sole or main domestic residence?

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you please let me know the total charge for my inquiry before you call me as i a man not sure of the the amount you guys charge

From my experience you will peobably find it easier to ring me. I am on 01750 725420.

Thank you for your support.