How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5147
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

My husband and I have been non Uk resident for more than 20

This answer was rated:

My husband and I have been non Uk resident for more than 20 years however are returning to live in the UK next year in March /April 2018, my question is will we be liable to pay tax on any money/savings transferred from UAE to UK on our return, it is money earned and saved here in the UAE where we are currently resident

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.
Many thanks

Thank you for your question.

You will not be liable to UK tax on any savings you transfer to the UK from UAE on your return as this sum was accumulated abroad whilst you remained non resident in the the UK for tax purposes.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thats a relief, Thanks for your advice, it's what I thought but wanted to confirm !

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.