How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14229
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I do the bookkeeping for a small ladies hairdressers - their

This answer was rated:

I do the bookkeeping for a small ladies hairdressers - their turnover is just below the VAT threshold. They rent premises, its a sole trader, with 4 employees.They have just rented an adjoining premise, to set up a barbers shop.This will be a separate business, with its own bank account/phone/employee.However the branding will be similar to the existing business.Thanks, Denise
Will this count as one entity? If so it will mean they exceed the VAT threshold.

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly


This will then be treated as one entity as clearly run by the same owners and part of the same brand



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you