Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax

I left the UK in 2000, i did not file a P85. i have been non

Customer Question

i left the UK in 2000, i did not file a P85. i have been non res since, and remain non res to date. last year i took two actions (1) purchased property in my name, this is rented and (2) set up a company which acquired two properties, these are not rented.i am aware i need to file a tax return for the rental income from my personal property. i also probably need to make some form of declaration for the company i set up.i am keen to regularize my affairs - inform revenue i am still non res, i have income in the UK i wish to declare. i have sought advice previously, one established firm who charged by the hour for cutting and pasting extracts from HMRC website!looking for a pro. who can take this on and be pragmatic.
Expert:  Sam replied 4 months ago.

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Expert:  Sam replied 4 months ago.

You need to be aware that we are merely an advisory service and cannot represent you in this and you would need to seek representation from a UK based accountant (Perhaps if you come to visit the UK) to make a full disclosure under the private lettings scheme HMRC currently are offering and if you have set up a company then I would assume you registered with companies house and have been issued a form to fill in for HMRC - and as you are not actually trading anything or earning any money from this should have requested that this company remain dormant - this then negates you need to submit either company house or Corporation tax returns. However its very strange that you have two properties just sat in a limited company - as if you are not renting thse out - then this may raise questions from HMRC - so be prepared

I am sorry we cannot fully help you - but we not represent customers through this medium

Do let me know if I Can be of any furtehr assistance