How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4800
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I own my car but have stopped driving[age 93] May I tax it

Customer Question

I own my car but have stopped driving[age 93] May I tax it again for{for use of family to do my messages etc if they have a third party insurance and realise will not be claiming on mine as I will stop insurance?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

You should have no problem taxing it at the Post Office providing you present a valid insurance certificate and a vehicle test certificate if the vehicle is over 3 year's old with the renewal document from DVLA.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.