How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7519
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I have shares in a company I used to work for acquired

Customer Question

Hi I have shares in a company I used to work for acquired through a mix of SAYE, free shares, bonus payment and partnership shares. They are all held as ordinary shares managed via Capita portal. Is there a simple way to work out CGT on share sale?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 4 months ago.

Hello, in a worn no, but overall how much gain is involved were you to sell?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That’s my issue I can no longer tell which shares had what value at acquisition
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 4 months ago.

You have a non cumulative Annual Exempt Amount (AEA) of 11.3K to offset gains. If you are not going to exceed this figure then there is no CGT due on disposal.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This tells me less than I already knew - I will be requesting a refund