How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4800
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

My husband is self employed running as a sole trader. he now

Customer Question

my husband is self employed running as a sole trader . he now wants to start another business with his sons and run that as well as a separate company . What is the best way to go about this
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be bale to help you with your question.

Does he intend to form a limited company with his sons for his enterprise or conduct it was a partnership?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
more than likely a partnership , but he is unsure at best way forward . trying to get his sons started in business
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am at work so cannot really chat at present
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 4 months ago.

This is six of one and half a dozen of the other. I would prefer a limited company as then you have the protection of a third party, the company, and your customers if anything goes wrong.

Please come back when you are free.