How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7519
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Many thanks fro your advice in the past. in continuity with

Customer Question

Hi ! many thanks fro your advice in the past. in continuity with the same ( previous order no 17663609-627 ), i am not sure if you can see the details of previous conversation, I have worked for NHS through an umbrella company for about 5 weeks.
I am unable to understand the Pay advice slips and NI deductions appear quite high. I will try and attach the pay advice along with this request. could you please look into this and see the deductions are correct? i had worked for 205.25 hours at an agreed rate of £75 per hour. an additional £200 was paid as travel expenses. I have received net £ 11320 ( 2418+8902 ). Many thanks for your help.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

I am sorry to have to tell you that the deductions appear perfectly correct. You are on the correct tax code also. However, as you live in India why are you subject to UK taxation at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oh ! Ok , thx . What if I work for more than 90 days in a tax year in uk ?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 4 months ago.

It is not quite as simple as that. Did you live in the UK and then go to India? If you did did you complete a Form P85 and send it to HMRC?