How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5082
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

My wife has to complete a CRS form. We live in Greece but

This answer was rated:

My wife has to complete a CRS form.
We live in Greece but spend time in the UK and she is below the tax limit.
Very confused about residency

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

This is a perfectly normal procedure. Did she ever live in the UK?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
born in the UK 22/11/41
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My tax advisor here gives different answers

When she left the UK did she complete a Form P85 and send it to HMRC or its predecessor the Inland Revenue?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No because we were spending more than six months a year in the UK and I continue to pay UK tax. She only has a UK OAP pension

Right then just complete thr form and send it off. As you are probably aware the Sate Pension is taxable but paid gross, but if that is her only source of income she is most unlikely to have any tax to pay as her personal Allowance will cover it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks may need to get back after consulting my Greek accountant regarding residency

No problem.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.