How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4943
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Need someone to work out my Tax and Pensions for 2018.

Customer Question

Need someone to work out my Tax and Pensions for 2018.
Details are.
Full state Pension.7054 inc 3% from April 2018
University Pension. Presently 1017.60 month Gross;
University Pension before increase 1174.80 month Gross.
Hope this is enough information.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Your earnings for Income Tax (IT) are 33363. Deduct your Personal Allowance of 11850 leaves 21513. You will be taxed at 20% so total tax due is 4303. Remember that your State Pension (SP) is taxable, but paid gross. You should ensure that the tax codes applied to your occupational pensions are reduced to recover the tax unpaid on the SP.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.