How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4948
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have sold a flat which I rented out and I have bought

This answer was rated:

I have sold a flat which I rented out and I have bought another property which I rent.
Do I have to pay a tax on purchasing the second property

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

By using Rollover Relief (RR) the Capital Gains tax (CGT) from the first sale is rolled over to the second and will be charged when the new property is disposed of at some indeterminate, future date.

I do hope that I have been able to set your mind at rest on this matter..

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.