Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Me and my partner work full time for an employer and we take

Hi there! Me and my partner work full time for an employer and we take most of our earnings in the form of a salary. The rest of our earnings, we take as payments to our limited company where we are equal shareholders. We both do additional work beyond regular working hours for the company in question (i.e. our employer), so we find this to be a reasonable arrangement, but are not sure if it is compliant of all applicable laws. Worth noting, our limited company also owns and operates several other small online businesses which generate income as well as expenses for our company. Is our situation something you could advise on? I.e. whether it's legit and/or if there are better, more tax efficient ways of taking our earnings.
Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I think that's about it

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Thanks for your patience

ALL your income from this employer should be salary under PAYE as this is not true self employed income so should not be put through the limited company but ALL paid through the employee/employer salary arrangement so your employer and you are both in breach of possible IR35 but very much of employment status legislation so this should be rectified as a matter of urgency and I am surprised the employer condones this or that your accountant has not raised this as an issue before now.

Let me know if I can assist further