bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

What is involved in moving a UK company's headquarters to

Hi,What is involved in moving a UK company's headquarters to another country in Europe?Can the existing assets (cash) also be moved?What about un-taxed corporation assets - we simply pay those once the accounts have
been filed?Thank you.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Whilst you can remove the activities of the company anywhere in Europe the Registered Office of the Company must remain in the UK.

I am not sure what you mean by 'un-taxed corporation assets,' please expand.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Keith,We are considering moving the operations to another EU country in which I reside. It is an internet based business so doesn't make much sense it being in the UK when I'm not.So I'd like to have the headquarters where I am now resident, though I am not sure it is as simple as setting up a new Corp and Bank account and transferring all the funds over to it?And by un-taxed corporation assets I mean the profit in the UK company that hasn't yet been taxed as it's not the year end yet.Many thanks

Sorry for the delay, but I was suddenly taken ill.

You could still operate it from wherever you were located, but you would still have to make tax and returns, but as these can be made online there would be no problems.

Alternatively, you could set up a corporate structure elsewhere and transfer assets and liabilities over. You could then sell you UK company on say eBay where there is a ready market for established companies. You would be surprised at what you could get for it. I sold one on behalf of friends and we got 500 quid for it from a buyer desperate for one with several years trading records. It is still going strong somewhere in Hatton Garden.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you Keith, much appreciated. I hope you feel better.

Thank you for your support.

Yes, I don't know what it was and I spent most of the morning in bed. My son in law has just gone down with some lurgi, but it isn't the same as he is running a fever. Many thanks for your kind thoughts.