Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax

My husband is and expat in the uae and has been for over 10

My husband is and expat in the uae and has been for over 10 years. I am getting a mortgage (in my name and from my salary) is he able to give me money for a deposit or will it be subject to tax?

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Thanks for your patience

No - you will be pleased to know that gifts are not subject to tax and certainly not any exchanges between husband and wifes and furthermore no Inheritance tax implications either

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Perfect thank you.

You are very welcome

Do let me know if you need any furtehr assistance, or, if you have all that you need, then it would be appreciated if you could rate me for the level of service I have provided (or click accept)