How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14354
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

My husband is and expat in the uae and has been for over 10

This answer was rated:

My husband is and expat in the uae and has been for over 10 years. I am getting a mortgage (in my name and from my salary) is he able to give me money for a deposit or will it be subject to tax?

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly


Thanks for your patience

No - you will be pleased to know that gifts are not subject to tax and certainly not any exchanges between husband and wifes and furthermore no Inheritance tax implications either



Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Perfect thank you.


You are very welcome

Do let me know if you need any furtehr assistance, or, if you have all that you need, then it would be appreciated if you could rate me for the level of service I have provided (or click accept)



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you