Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Is it possible to reclaim the hmrc tax as ive not worked for

hello .is it possible to reclaim the hmrc tax as ive not worked for over five yearsnow due to ill health
Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: just had a ppi refund and was told I could apply for tax refund
Assistant: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: ok thankyou
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I don't know , not done this before?

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

I think Just Answer think you are asking for a refund on your fee paid to sue this service, but from what I understand you are asking regarding the PPI refund is that right?
I assume you were paid interest along with the PPI payments and its the interest that has been taxed is that right ? If so how much was the interest and how much was the tax

What other incomes do you have - any pensions or state benefits ? If so how much a year

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that's right,,the total hmrc deduction was £1,013.73. no pensions all I get is esa support

HI

So how much was the Interest paid against the PPI payout?

How much ESA do you get a fortnight?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
esa £ 251 fortnightly

How much interest was paid to you ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
8% statutory interest £7,627.63
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
want to reclaim deduction of 1013.73
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
are u still there

Apologies for my delay I was on the telephone with a client and it takes time to type a reply.

Then as a your annual income is less then £17500 you will get all this refunded back (Tax of £1013.73)

You need to write to HMRC detailing you wish to claim the tax refund and enclose details of your ESA per year £6777) and enclose the document that show the interest paid and the tax deducted

HMRC will then make this refund to you - let me know if you need their address or any further assistance

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok thankyou
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I only wanted to ask one question ..I wont get billed for any more money because it says renewal date 28 feb

I am not sure I as do not know about the billing element of Just Answer (I just answer questions) but this thread does show you have asked to be a member so if you wish to cancel this then

Then follow the link here for instructions

http://ww2.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription-hl