How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14703
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I have a pension from the state also one from Scottish

This answer was rated:

I have a pension from the state also one from Scottish widows on which I pay tax,and I invested £12,000 into an income bond with Aviva in 1996 on which I get a return of £65 per month return,as I believe that tax has already been deducted from this amount already should I have to pay additional tax.
Roy Vanstone

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly


Please advsie how much your state pension is per fortnight (or year) and also how old you are - I can then advise further



Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sam my state pension is £24865.16 and I am 81 years old


And what about your Scottish widow - how much is this a year and do you pay any tax on it ?



Sam and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you