bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

A private company is about to cease trading. It has £100k

A private company is about to cease trading. It has £100k plus retained profits. Director shareholders qualify for ER relief. Do you agree that the most tax efficient method to draw funds is to have a capital distribution claiming CGT and ER relief?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Yes, I am of the opinion that this is the simplest way out of the situation. Don't forget to sell the company off on eBay once the distribution has been made and cheques cleared. You will be surprised at the sort of price you might all get for a redundant company.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Thank you for your support.