How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6009
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

A private company is about to cease trading. It has £100k

This answer was rated:

A private company is about to cease trading. It has £100k plus retained profits. Director shareholders qualify for ER relief. Do you agree that the most tax efficient method to draw funds is to have a capital distribution claiming CGT and ER relief?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Yes, I am of the opinion that this is the simplest way out of the situation. Don't forget to sell the company off on eBay once the distribution has been made and cheques cleared. You will be surprised at the sort of price you might all get for a redundant company.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.