bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

My mother died and left a property to my 2 siblings and me.

My mother died and left a property to my 2 siblings and me. If I try to buy my sibling out at £500000 each and I retain my third, how much IHT will I have to pay. Can I refer this payment or pay in instalments? How will Stamp Duty be calculated and how much extra will that be? thank you. Steve
Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: The house was under offer, but he buyer doesn't seem to have the money to pay for it. No deposit or contract has been signed. If I offer to buy now the Estate Agent will expect fees as in their contract they had a possible purchase agreed. Will I have to pay this. The offer is £2.4 million But their is a dispute over the entrance and the purchaser is using this to reduce the price

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

What si the current state of play regarding your Mother's estate? Is it still in the hands of executors or administrators.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We have a solicitors firm dealing with this, but assuming that it will be sold to the buyer

From long experience I think you will find it easier to ring me. I am on 01750 725420.

I think we have resolved this through a telephone call. Delighted to have been of assistance.

Thank you for your support.