How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6349
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am caught earning more than 100,000 this year and losing

This answer was rated:

I am caught earning more than 100,000 this year and losing some personal allowance. I am retired and have reached lifetime limit. Would investing in VCTs and claiming tax relief be allowable to reduce effectively my total income and so get below £100,000 ?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

If your income goes above 100K you loose your Personal Allowance (PA) at one pound for every two quid over. You can reduce this by the use of VCTs.

My lifetime limit I assume you mean your pension pot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my pension pot, which I now drawing. So sounds well worth while to put some money into VCTs . I realise the risks but should save quite a bit. Thanks

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.

bigduckontax and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.