How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7934
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I recently set up PAYE with a payroll service but I'm not

Customer Question

I recently set up PAYE with a payroll service but I'm not sure if the calculations are correct.I have a Ltd Company and am a sole Director with no other employees. I have not taken any salary previously for the tax year 17/18 but I have just taken one payment in March as one payment of £4,500 gross.The march payslip shows NI of £276.24 but the amount I have been told I need to pay to HMRC for the quarterly NI is £593.92.The Gross NI shows as £593.92
The Employer NI to pay shows as £317.68
The Total amount due shows as £593.92Are these calculations correct based on a salary in March of £4,500?Please advise if the individual breakdowns are correct and if the amount I need to pay to HMRC of £593.92 is correct or if I need to question this with the payroll provider.Thank you.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.
Many thanks

Expert: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

I am providing you with a link that covers NI contributions for directors - read page 12

Being the only employee in the company, the employer would not be entitled to any allowance against NI contibutions.

You should go back to payroll provider and ask to review the calculations.

I hope this is helpful

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** saying that the calculations provided are under or over please? Are you able to advise the correct calculations please?
Expert: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your reply.

I am unable to confirm the figures as I don't have payroll software on my laptop.

You would certainly be paying both employee and employer NI contributions.

Expert: replied 10 months ago.

I suggest you contact employer helpline

Telephone: 0300(###) ###-####/p>

Many thanks