How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I'm a self employed sub contractor and part of my agreement

This answer was rated:

Hi I'm a self employed sub contractor and part of my agreement to eork for the company I'm with at the minute was they would pay my mileage at 0.45 a mile and it's non tax deductible on my invoice do I add that to my total earnings for the year

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

No you do not, that is a reimbursement for expenses in business and is not declared at all; just pocket it! Remember such an arrangement to the same location can only last three years tax free. The rate is a rough and ready twist of the spoon to stop the treacle running off so to speak and is designed to reimburse for both capital and running expenses of your vehicle.

Remember that over 10000 miles in any one tax year the tax free rate drops to 25p per mile

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
can I still claim my millage on my tax returns and I just take of my fuel as a refused expense

You do not need to claim the mileage on your tax return at all, just claim it from your main contractor and pocket it!

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.