bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am divorced from my wife but I have not arranged any

Customer Question

I am divorced from my wife but I have not arranged any financial arrangements with her, and so am still on the title to the matrimonial home. I am buying a property with my new partner and need to do so before a Court Order on my first property is finalised.
I am paying the + 3% stamp duty land tax but can I recover a refund if I get the Court Order after that purchase please
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on just answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

At present the imposition of the 3% Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) surcharge is correct. You have three years in which to dispose of your share of the marital home and claim back the surcharge from the Stamp Office.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.