taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I am trying to complete online self assessment for the

I am trying to complete online self assessment for the financial year ending 5 April 2017 (I received a penalty notice as this was not completed by 31 Jan 2018).I have completed the online form but this appears to be for the FY 17/18 rather than 16/17 that I am meant to fill in and therefore the calculation looks wrong.Can you help?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Please advise -

are you trying to complete Tax Return on HMRC site?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
through the online self assessment tax return.The process was - sign into the government gateway site with activation code posted to me. This then transferred me to the HMRC siteThanks

Thank you for your reply.

Attached are instructions to change tax year for input.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Ifyou have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for this, I’ll try this first thing in the morning and let you know if it works.

Please let me know if I can help you further.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This looks to have worked, thanks

Thank you for your reply.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service/accept the service I have provided before you leave the site, to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

best wishes.