How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5995
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am an expat living in thailand, I sold my house in UK in

This answer was rated:

I am an ex***** *****ving in thailand, I sold my house in UK in April 2017. Now I have to fill in Capital Gains supplement sa108(i have the calculation already), as a non-resident which bits do i have to fill? The notes are gibberish to me.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question. By the way I have a Thai wife.

Why do you think that you are liable to Capital Gains \Tax (CGT) on the sale of your UK house if it was your sole or main domestic residence?

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, i don't think I am but i believe I had to inform of the sale within 30 days of sale and provide the calculation and it stated on that form that i would have to put it on my return for 2017 - 2018. Did you get the files I sent. I believe we spoke last year on a question.

That is only if you are liable to CGT which may not be tha case.

From long experience I think you will find it easier to ring me. I am on 01750 725420. I shall be in until 0900 hrs and then again after 1200 hrs.

We have resolved your problem in the telephone call.

Thank you for your support.