How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6343
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have been given a tax bill from year 2013 to 2014 for over

This answer was rated:

I have been given a tax bill from year 2013 to 2014 for over £15,000 , I had paid tax for that year, but I think I did not declare all my earnings,at the time I was very short with money, the money what they are asking for is the full amount that I earned for that work, a lot of the time I have to work away from home and have to pay a lot of expenses, this was also not taken into account, I am very worried at the moment because its a lot of money, help what can I do, or what can they do to me
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Did you claim these expenses as an 'expense in employment' on your self assessment tax return?

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

From long experience I think you will find it easier to ring me. I am on 01750 725420.

I think we covered everything in the phone call. If you have further difficulties you have my number.

Thank you for your support.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you, ***** ***** concerns on what they will do if I do not send my bank statements to them

Do what they are doing now, sabre rattling! If they want to see them they can send an Inspector out to perform that function.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
can i have a second opinion

Sorry, that is outwith my powers. You may have to ask a question on another thread.

Just put the real situation to them by means of an appeal letter. They will soon shut up and go after an easier option.