bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Two questions: I am a non-UK citizen and my only tax

Two questions:I am a non-UK citizen and my only tax liability in the UK is I have a property. Do I only need to file forms SA100 and SA105 or are there other forms e.g. SA109 that I have to submit?Second question, I pay management fees to an agent, and their charge includes VAT on those charges. Is the VAT deductible as well as the charge?Many thanks for your help

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

You must continue to self assess using SA100 and SA105 unless HMRC tell you not to bother in future. The whole of the management fee including any VAT is deductible to arrive at a net rental for declaration.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Many thanks. Do I need to send any forms other than SA100 and SA105?

No, that's all you need.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.

Thank you for your support.

I am so sorry for the delay, but for love or money I could not locate my trusty 'Which' guide.

Have a look here for deductible expenses:

http://uklandlordtax.co.uk/allowable-expenses-against-rental-income/