How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6318
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Two questions: I am a non-UK citizen and my only tax

This answer was rated:

Two questions:I am a non-UK citizen and my only tax liability in the UK is I have a property. Do I only need to file forms SA100 and SA105 or are there other forms e.g. SA109 that I have to submit?Second question, I pay management fees to an agent, and their charge includes VAT on those charges. Is the VAT deductible as well as the charge?Many thanks for your help

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

You must continue to self assess using SA100 and SA105 unless HMRC tell you not to bother in future. The whole of the management fee including any VAT is deductible to arrive at a net rental for declaration.

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Many thanks. Do I need to send any forms other than SA100 and SA105?

No, that's all you need.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.

I am so sorry for the delay, but for love or money I could not locate my trusty 'Which' guide.

Have a look here for deductible expenses: