Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

My wife and I operate a business partnership The partnership

My wife and I operate a business partnership
The partnership leases a Nissan Qashqai retail value when new £28,190 1.2 litre petrol engine CO2 emissions 129gms/m3
The running costs for the vehicle are entered on our SA800 return (lease costs,fuel costs,maintenance and insurance). 50% of these costs are disallowed against the overheads. Do we have to complete a BIK for our individual tax returns?
ALISTAIR MACLEOD

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

HI

When you state that you lease this vehicle is this lease hire or lease purchase.

If lease purcahse do you also claim the costs to lease the vehicle - and why are 50% of the costs disallowed? Is this to reflect private use -

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I use a programme TaxCalc which computes the tax calculation and this automatically deducts 50% of the motor expenses.
The vehiclle is a lease rental
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please ask for additional info