How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6484
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Thank you, so no tax on the imported car. This was assuming

This answer was rated:

Thank you, ***** ***** tax on the imported car. This was assuming I took up residence in the UK in July 2017.I am returned to working abroad in August 2017. Will I have to pay tax on my income from August 2017 until May 2018 if I send my earnings to a UK bank this week?Thanking you in advance

Hello, i am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

No, providing that you send a Form P85 to HMRC to notify your departure. That Department will then split the leaving year into two parts, one resident the other non resident. whne you originally left the UK did you take P85 action?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I didn’t fill out a P85, can I do that now? And if I was resident in the UK for only one month (July 2017) what taxes would I have to pay working from August 2017 until June 2018

Yes, you can, there is no time limit as to its submission, it is available on the web and can be filed on line.

Once registered as non resident you can spend up to 90 days in the UK in any one tax year without infringing your non resident status. The 90 days can also be averaged outy ove four consecutive tax years.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.