Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I need some clarity please on a company set up structure I

Hi thereI need some clarity please on a company set up structureI have a limited company however I also have another company which is active but not registered. Do I legally have to register a company if no income is actually derived directlly from the website?

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Thanks for your patience

Yes you do, and then you can choose to either submit NIL returns or make the company dormant (if also NOT trading) if its trading but there is NIL income then you have to register with HMRC and Company house and keep active (submit NIL returns as necessary)

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Okay the other company has no bank account does not take client funds and all agency agreements are done via thje main company but I still need to register the company?