How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6318
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

My 25% share in the house previously occupied by my mother

This answer was rated:

My 25% share in the house previously occupied by my mother has been sold. The total sale proceeds were GBP 460,000. When we bought the house in 2002 the valuation was GBP 275,000.There is a capital gain but is this offset to an extent by any allowances?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Where do you live, owned or rented?

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I live in an owned property in Putney so the sold property was never my primary residence

From experience i think you will find it easier to ring me. I am on 01750 725420.