How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6484
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am a resident in the UK (but originally from Spain) and

This answer was rated:

I am a resident in the UK (but originally from Spain) and Self-Employed (sole trader). I sell social media services to various clients in different countries - most of them in the UK and Spain, sometimes in the US. I've filled in a couple of returns already but have a few unsolved questions I was hoping you could help with.1) Do I need to declare what I earn from Spanish clients as foreign income? I know there's different rules than normal as my domicile is Spain but my residence is UK... so I'm a bit confused as so far I've declared it as normal income.
What happens when the client is from the US?2)As I'm not registered for VAT and do not have a NIF or CIF number, what should I provide to Spanish clients that keep asking me to add VAT to my invoices to prove that I don't need to?3) I do some work for a UK company as a contractor/freelance from time to time in the hospitality field. Do I need to declare this altogether with the earnings from my Social Media business, or do I need to create a different business under my sole trader account to separate them?I hope I could express my questions in a not too confusing way, Thanks in advance!

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

1) No, tis is not foreign income. Just post it as fees received in your books of account.

2) I would suggest that you include a note in your invoices that you are not registered for VAT.

3) Post this as income in your books of account.

Tip, don't complicate matters! I do hope that you have found my advice of assistance.

bigduckontax and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Great, thank you! SUper useful

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Thank you for your support.