bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I'm applying for a new job in London and negotiating salary

Customer Question

Hi, I'm applying for a new job in London and negotiating salary between £120-130k p.a. What amount should I ask for that would be tax efficient? Thank you
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Time for the wet towel every two quid over. round the head and the backs of lots of used envelopes! Once your income goes over 100K you loose your personal Allowance (PA) at the rate of a pound for every two quid over. At the sort of level you are considering you will have no PA , but on the other hand you have to be earning to be taxed!

I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Could you give a more specific answer to my qn please? Thank you.

The PA would be completely lost at an income level of 123.7K.